i am sorry but i need more specific instructions, because i don’t get how you would work with the 3 roles you mentioned.
A short step-by-step Scenario:
Let’s say i have 99 Posts of the type Projects right now, and…
1. I create a Custom Post of the type Project, namend “Project X”
2. I create a Role named “Project X Administrators”
What do i want to achieve?
– When the User of the Role “Project X Administrators” is in the Dasboard he should see only “Projects” and “Dashboard”
– When the User clicks on “Projects” he should only see “Project X” and Sub-Pages of “Project X”
– The User should be able to edit the Project “Project X” in any way
– The User should not be able to create, edit or see any other pages or projects of the whole system
So, which Attributes should my role have to achieve this? Right now i would activate:
– Dashboard read
– Dasboard edit_dashboard
– Projects edit_projects
But this has the following result:
– The User can see all Projects (but not edit them)
– The User can create Projects
How should i solve this? If i get your solution right i would have to go to ALL of the 99 Projects and disable the access for “Project X Administrators” so only one is left – but this can’t be the best practice way for this case, can it?