- December 18, 2019 at 6:04 am #92778
I just purchased the PRO, great plugin!
I’m running into a few issues:
1. Within Menu Editor, when I select “Hide New Menus” for a role, “Profile” (which allows users to see their own profile and update pw) disappears from the role’s admin menu. This happens to all roles even when User – Profile is selected to show.
2. When a user has both a primary and secondary role, the menu items for both roles are hidden, even when I select “disable for secondary role”. Is there a way to remove the secondary roles block all together?December 18, 2019 at 9:46 pm #92797
1. This happens because, the profile menu is only displayed when the user does’t have access to the ‘Users’ menu in WP-ADMIN. Since the user, you are editing the menu from has access to ‘Users’ section, it will consider ‘Profile’ menu as a new menu and will remove it. To workaround this issue, can you edit the menu using the role you are editing the menu for? For example, if you are editing the menu for role ‘ABC’ using Administrator role and if ‘ABC’ doesn’t have access to the ‘Users’ section, this issue will happen. To fix it, what you should do is, edit the menu for ‘ABC’ from the ‘ABC’ role itself. So temporarily enable menu editor for role ‘ABC’ and edit the menu using an ABC user account.
2. Sorry, I don’t understand this question. Which block are you referring to?
SyamDecember 19, 2019 at 1:35 am #92801
Thanks for your response.
1. The workaround does work, thank you! However, if I edit the role’s menu using my account, it removes the “profile” again. Is there a more permanent way to do this?
2. Basically, checking the “disable for secondary role” option within “Menu Editor” doesn’t seem to work for me. A User with multiple roles will have admin menu items hidden based on the menu setting of each role. Is there a way to completely disable having a “secondary role”?December 19, 2019 at 8:49 am #92826
1. Not right now. I’m in the process of completely rewriting this plugin. And I’m planning to add more features to Menu Editor. One of the functionality is custom menus, which I believe will help to fix this issue.
2. Do you have menu editor configuration for the user’s primary role? Make sure ‘Disable For Secondary Role’ setting is check for every secondary role for that user.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.